Listed as a DC landmark in 1967 within the Capitol Hill Historic District, The Peabody Early Childhood Center - formerly The George Peabody School - opened in 1880. This modernization included improving mechanical and electrical systems with new equipment, as well as interior finishes and installing a new elevator. The new ceiling system was designed to stimulate the imagination of the children using a variety of shapes and colors. The lighting incorporates daylight harvesting to maintain the optimal level of light while saving on future energy costs.
Preservation, Interior Design
Client: DGS & DCPS